Whilst browsing the interweb, I found a recipe for Broccoli, Mango and Ginger soup on the BBC Good Food Magazine website. It sounded so random I had to give it a shot!
I subbed the Thai Curry paste for just a plain old chili, and the single cream for coconut cream (since I appear to be unable to follow a recipe without adultering it in some way or another!).
That said, it was ace, tasted delicious - smooth and creamy, and I urge you to surprise your tastebuds and make it!
Broccoli, Mango and Ginger Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil for frying
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon on grated fresh ginger
- 1 large head of broccoli, roughly chopped (including stem)
- 1 medium mango (not too ripe), peeled and chopped
- half of 1 red chili, deseeded and chopped
- 900ml veg stock (I used Marigold powder)
- 2 generous tablespoons of coconut cream