Saturday, 2 June 2012

Makey-Cakey Birthday Surprise Ingredient Swappers

So, as explained in my Surprising... post, I'm orchestrating a surprise baking ingredient swap, cunningly timed to distract me from the predicted 30th birthday doldrums I'm predicting in July.

I asked for participants, and we have 8 - certainly enough for a roundup and some swapping - woop - since swapping ingredients with myself would just not have been as much fun, and possibly led to me being taken away by the men in white coats.
Gratuitous cake photo - chocolate prune biscuit fridge cake
If you need a reminder, here's how it works:
  • On 1st June (oops, I'm already a day late!) I will randomly pair people up and post the pairings
  • Everyone contacts their paired partner, has a quick chat, exchanges addresses, flags up any allergies etc.
  • Everyone then goes out and buys a lovely little surprise ingredient (of a Cakey nature of course) and posts it to their partner
  • Once you receive your ingredient, thank your partner profusely and get baking!
  • Photograph your creation, and if you blog, send me the link. If you - fear not, you can still join in - just send me a picture - by the 22nd July
  • I'll post a roundup of all the sure-to-be-delicious-and-beautiful bakes on 23rd July - as a distraction from the distressing fact that I'll be newly 30!
So without further ado, here are the pairings (randomly allocated in the following unscientifically approved way: Everyone's names written on the back of an old electricity bill. Numbers 1 to 8 allocated. Mr E pestered by me to choose a number, then another, to make the first pair. Cue a lot of confusion as to which numbers had already been used, as the pairs progressed. I think it's probably a good thing I didn't have any more to work with!)

Surprise - another cake photo! Marmalade chocolate cupcakes
Mr E at Hell Yeah Four Ingredient Recipes with Vanessa at The Teensy, Tiny, Insignificant Details
Jean at Baking in Franglais with The Cupcake Architect
Gary at Exploits of a Food Nut with yours truly at Makey-Cakey
Dom at Belleau Kitchen with @ClaireHitchen

Hopefully that all makes sense - go get in touch, then get shopping, posting and baking :o)

And if you're reading this and thinking 'damn, I've missed the boat - that sounds like fun' just leave a comment, and I'm happy to pair up any stragglers in twos.

And a surprise of a different sort - a Mini-M pop-up surprise!

13 comments:

  1. This does sound like fun - I'm sorry I missed the deadline but hopefully there will be another straggler to pair with! Otherwise I look forward to seeing the round up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a fun thing to do. I too am turning into a 0 this July, so understand the need for distraction. I have already signed up for something similar to this though, so it would be too much to take this on. But I look forward to seeing what people get and what they do with their ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll join in if you need another straggler - sounds like fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea...if you run it again, I'd definitely join in...sounds like fun!!! Missed the deadline too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant !! Now I am back from holidays in the back of beyond (rural France where I have no internet!) I will contact my partner and get cracking !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat idea! I'll be checking in to see just how all this swapping turns out!

    Thanks for visiting The Spice Garden ... it's always nice to see new faces popping in for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excited to go shopping and find a fun ingredient!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please Do Not Feed The Animals and Baking Addict... if you still want to join in, consider yourself paired!!! Apologies for not replying sooner - been a week of chaos. Will message you too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Ruth - we are now paired up and ready to join in. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to it. Hmm... What to buy? :-)

      Delete
  10. Hi. Here is my one - http://pleasedonotfeedtheanimals.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/the-essence-of-baking.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's mine
    http://themorethanoccasionalbaker.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/popcorn-rocks.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...