After a bit of planning, however, we gave sewing a go...
|Future seamstress at work?!!|
We chose some 16 count Aida fabric, 3 colours of tapestry wool and some darning needles. It was all going well - we had managed to negotiate 3 different colours, rather than pink x3. Mini-M was carefully carrying the wool, when all of a sudden she was off - running across the shop unravelling wool in her wake.
|Find a hole, push it through and....|
Later at home I dug out an old embroidery hoop to keep the fabric taut and make putting the needle through easier, which has helped a lot.
I'm not sure if we're calling her masterwork 'finished' yet - it's taken several sessions to get this far, but the novelty doesn't seem to have worn off yet, and there are a lot more buttons in the button tin...
|Tasteful is not the word|
|Chopped up wool in a bowl = 10 mins peace and quiet! Who'd have thought|