It was definitely her first time making anything with raw meat, and anything that she really couldn't stick her fingers in her mouth halfway through in the small kid way, and she seemed to understand and did very well.
As for the exact recipe - I'm not entirely sure - we started with one from a kids cook book and made a significant amount of modifications, whose nature I can't quite remember, but I think the general gist was as follows:
- Take 1 raw skinless chicken breast fillet and 1 small onion. Chop into chunks and blitz in a food processor.
- Add 1 tbsp dry breadcrumbs, some sauce (I think we used HP), some honey, some salt, some pepper, some paprika and some mixed herbs, and stir well to combine.
- Roll into walnut sized balls.
- Crush a packet of plain crisps and roll the balls in the crisps.
- Put on a greased baking sheet and stick in paper lollipop sticks.
- Bake for about 25 mins at around 180C
They tasted great and Mini-M was very proud of her efforts - and rightly so I think - some real cooking!
This recipe is open to infinite variations: different sauces, herbs, coatings, or even meats - I think it would probably be successful with sausage meat, salmon or minced turkey, pork or even beef.