Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Plain on the outside...

Since it is/was Chocolate Cake day today, I thought I'd better bake one!

Here's a white chocolate and apricot loaf, which I'm taking with me to a work meeting tomorrow.



For that reason, I can't tell you how it tastes, as passing round a half-eaten cake doesn't seem so hospitable! It smells gooooood but certainly doesn't look fancy - although as I was often told growing up, it's what's on the inside that counts!

It's adapted from Nigella's "Storecupboard Chocolate Orange Cake". I'm trying to reduce the amount of typing I do, so here's my spidery recipe scrawl… (click on the picture to see the full image and method)






3 comments:

  1. That's a delicious looking cake. I don't suppose I could come to that meeting? How can you call that lovely writing a scrawl? Nobody can read my writing - including myself. Actually, in the old days when I could be bothered to work (before I just got too old), I had a method of taking some very strange food to meetings. Eating bizarre food puts you in a strong position, particularly if you're negotiating a good price for something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it looks delicious!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope you're fine.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake looks lovely and what a great idea to save on typing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...